Friday, August 7, 2015

The First Cut

Hello!!  Wow it has been a long time since I have posted to my blog!  I really miss it!  My life has been crazy busy over the last few months.  I wanted to pop in quick and share a layout I created with the August 2014 Clique Kit!  This kit features the Citrus Bliss collection from Pink Paislee and is filled with yummy embellishments!  I also picked up a few extra add ons from the Clique Kits shop!

My layout came together pretty quickly after making the dreadful first cut!  I always have the hardest time cutting into the beautiful paper!  After trying to decide what papers I wanted to use I just decided to cut most of them into layering pieces and leaving a few of them whole.  This made it very easy to just start layering behind my photo!  I also applied some ink and mist to my white background using the packaging technique.  I love how this all came together and it is one of my favorites!  The photo was from a few weeks ago when I attended the CHA Paper Arts + show in Schaumburg IL.  I met up with one of my friends and enjoyed this fabulous drink served in a pineapple!  I knew this photo would be perfect with this kit!  Here is a look at my completed layout!





Now I hope you all agree with me on how fabulous that drink looks!  The presentation of it was fabulous!  I hope you enjoyed my layout today and I hope to be posting to my blog more often!  School will be starting soon so I will have some free time during the nap time hours of my youngest to get some crafting done!  I hope you all enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. This is so very pretty, Erica!! love the accents of paint and the layered look....fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout Erica! I really hope you get some more time to scrap soon!

    ReplyDelete