Thursday, February 21, 2013

It has been awhile...

So I have been on this card making kick and have not done any layouts in a long time!  So today while baby eli was napping I decided to put together a LO using one of my favorite pictures of myself and my son gavin.  This picture was taken on my birthday and reminds me of just how precious life is!  If you can see in the picture gavins hair is long on top and shaved on the sides.  Months before this picture was taken gavin had fallen out of his brothers bedroom window and i took him to the e.r.  They decided to give him a scan to make sure there was no injury from the fall since we did not know if he had lost consciousness.  Good news was he had no injury from the fall but they discovered a large cyst that was pushing his brain to one side! A miracle this lil man of ours was walking and talking normal and never had any seizures!  We were transported to a bigger hospital where we were admitted and he was prepped for surgery the following day.  Scariest thing we ever had to go through and our lil gavin was so brave!  He is a tough little man and healthy as can be!!! We are blessed and thankful everyday!  So I wanted to create a LO with this picture that I love so much and I plan to hang it in my bedroom.  I started with a white 12x12 and put some color on using acrylic pants and I made some mist with a Tim Holtz picked raspberry reinker, water, and a mini mister and gave the LO a few squirts in corners.  The papers I used are from websters pages and one is from amuse studios.  I took some embellishments out of my stash of goodies and they is a mixture of websters pages, studio calico, basicgrey and prima.  I hope you all enjoy my LO!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! Love those translucent flowers. The photo is precious. So glad to hear your little guy is okay.

    ReplyDelete