Friday, August 2, 2013

Let's Scrap Challenge#167

It's Friday friends and I am so excited today is the day of the Teresa Collins class!  I am so excited to be taking this class and I will be heading out very soon but I wanted to share a layout I created for Let's Scrap Challenge #167!  If you have not yet been over to Let's Scrap  and joined our online community please stop over and check it out!  You will find an amazing group of crafty friends, as well as fun challenges, tutorials, sketches and so much more!  Today I am here with a fun challenge going on this week bought to us by Design Team Member Carol! 

Take a boy or girl layout that you have previously made and change it to a girl or boy layout, in other words, if you have made a girl layout you need to change it into a boy layout!!  Before you moan that you only have boys or only have girls....think a little out of the box....make something special for a friend who has girls or boys, or scrap you husband or yourself....there are many opportunities for girl/boy layouts!!

Here are a few other rules to go along with this challenge
  • You must use a Let’s Scrap Sketch.
  • This Challenge cannot be combined with the weekly main page sketch, special month-long site-sponsored sketch, the BAM (Book about Me) challenges or the Scrap our Stash Challenge.
  • The layout/card must be something you scrapped new for this challenge not something that you previously made.
  • Upload your page photo to the gallery by Thursday, (August, 08) at 11:59 p.m. (using the main page clock time), to be eligible for the prize drawing.
  • Be sure to tag your layout/card correctly:  challenge167 (all one word), followed by a comma, a space, and the sketch number you used.  My tag will read:   9-1-10, challenge167
  • Include in the comment section of your post a link to the layout you have "swapped" and changed!
  • One winner will be randomly picked to receive a RAK from Carol!
     
    Here is a look at my boy layout I created a few weeks back..
    And here is a look at the layout I created for this challenge swapping my boy layout to a girl layout..
     
    I used Heidi Swapp collections for both layouts and added just a little bit more layering with my daughters layout!  I hope you can join in on this challenge over at Let's Scrap!  I would love to see what you come up with!  Thanks so much for stopping today and have a great Friday!!

    8 comments:

    1. Both layouts are fantastic! What a fun challenge. I love all the layers and mix of patterned on each layout. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks Dana! I love adding lots of layers and patterns!

        Delete
    2. What an interesting challenge! Great layouts, have fun at your class tonight!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Both these layouts are just gorgeous! A very cool challenge idea!

      ReplyDelete